Thursday 6 March 2014

When craving strikes. I want meat, meat, meat. Steak, anyone? How do you like your steak?

I'm a sucker for food. Whenever I think of some food hay naku ang lolabels nyo search kaagad sa place kung saan masarap kainin ang pagkaing naisip ko. But nakupoooo... one of my guilty pleasures is steak. Di pwedeng gawing bisyo or else laging lumuluha ang bulsa ko.

One time I felt this urge to pig out on steak. Susmaryosep! I check for prices at Melo's. A restaurant at The Fort that offers great, mouth-watering steak. Grrr, price is sky-high at over 3k. Huhuhu. Research again ang beauty ko for alternatives. Sige kahit di na lang steak... Ok na ako sa churrasco (Brazil BBQ). Hmmm... check, check, check. Php868 dinner buffet eat-all-you-can meat from Monday to Thursday at Brazil! Brazil! Pwede na ma-satisfy ko lang tong katakawan ko. Babawi na lang sa bonggang lafang.

Before heading to the resto dropby muna ako sa Market! Market! to buy some stocks then I bumped into their fridge. Aww, I forgot to take pics but guess what I saw? Frozen rib-eye steak for a little over Php80.00 pesos. Aba naman... so alam na. May I buy ang lola nyo ng meat. 2 slices ng lamb steak, 3 slices ng rib eye steak at 3 slices ng sirloin steak for less than Php700.00. Cheapness di ba.

So ang Brazil! Brazil! meat-all-you-can ko naging steak-all-you can night at home. Here's what I got:



This is how I want my steak. Medium rare :)


 The lamb steak. Most flavorful of them all.


The rib eye steak. The most tender steak. With caramelized white onion and buttered baby potatoes on the side.


Ganyan katindi ang appetite ko whenever my cravings strike. But I love the idea na I don't have to spend too much pero I was able to satisfy myself to the highest level.

For my steak mas gusto ko salt ang freshly cracked pepper lang pero maraming maraming cracked pepper (cracked pepper hindi durog na pepper). It does not make the steak hot kasi nagiging parang crust sya ng steak while searing ang it leaves a very good taste sa meat. I don't like to marinate or put too much herbs kasi nao-overpower nya yung natural taste ng meat. I don't even put steak sauce. I love to savor the natural steak goodness.

One tip on preparing your steak lalo na if you want it rare or medium rare. After searing both sides let it rest for a minute or two nang nakatagilid to give room for bleeding. That way hindi magmumukhang sinabawan ng red sauce ang plate nyo habang kinakain nyo yung steak.

Happy eating :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment :)