Wednesday 19 February 2014

Street Tacos, anyone? It's El Chupacabra night.


It was February 13 when I learned about this place. I was telling my boss of my new favorite at Army Navy then he said... "we just had nice tacos last night". "The best tacos I've ever had". And so... the foodie in me brings tinga-ling-aling on my ears hahaha. I searched for its name coz my boss can't tell what it is. All he remember is "street tacos" I bet that's how good that street tacos are. Then voila! It's called El Chupacabra which literally means goat sucker. It was an ancient belief in Mexico that there is this entity like our local aswang that sucks blood out of animals specifically goat. Sounds eerie? Ohhh well, kinda but not when you had a taste of their famous street tacos. The place is not a bonggacious type. Its a small joint where plastic tables and chairs were spread literally on the street. Yeah, you heard it right... on the streets. It's located at Felipe St., Makati just in front of Heckle and Jeckle Bar. Its near the red light district of Burgos. I was amazed at the crowd because its not the typical Burgos hangout like... you know what I mean if you're familiar with Burgos :)


This is the first one I ordered. Lengua street taco. Ohhh so yummy. Not your typical taco. The shell is sorta sticky but great. Don't put too much garlic and hot sauce in it for you to enjoy the bursting flavor. Yummy. But there's more...

The best amongst those that i've tasted. This is called the camarones street tacos. Shrimps it is!. Yummy, oozing with flavors, spicy. I could not find any great word to explain. Its very very good.

I wasn't able to take pictures of the other foods but definitely this place is a must-try.

And ohh before I forgot, their grilled chicken is also awesome. Tender, juicy, meaty.... YUMMY! Parang hotdog lang :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment :)